- Category: Library News
- Created: Monday, 01 February 2016 16:28
Get Your Garden Growing at Hayner Library!
Sign up for one or all of the following classes:
• Pizza Garden. Start your own pizza garden from seed with Kris Larson of Riverbend Roots Farm. Wed., March 2, 6:30 p.m.
• Getting Started – The Soil. Learn about good soil and the how-tos of gardening from Faye Krause. Sow nutrient dense microgreens to take home. Wed., March 16, 6:30 p.m.
• Backyard Composting/Worm Composting. See worm composting up close while you learn about composting from Michele Berg-Vogel. Wed., March 23, 6:30 p.m.
• Prairie Plants. Learn about prairie plants from Patti Brown, Ed. Director at The Nature Institute. Wed., April 6, 6:30 p.m.
• Practical Ecology for Suburban Gardens. Learn the benefits of planting native plants and planting to attract beneficial insects from Charlie Pitts. Wed., April 20, 6:30 p.m.
Check out the Events Calendar on our website for more information about each class.
Classes held in the Multipurpose Room at the Alton Square library location. Class size limited to 20.To register, call 1-800-613-3163.