Hayner Library Offers Reference Service Downtown
- Category: Library News
- Created: Friday, 12 January 2018 15:58
The Hayner Public Library District is happy to announce that we now offer reference services at our downtown location. Reference librarian Sharon Schaefer will work at the Hayner Downtown Library on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Reference services will continue to be offered at the Alton Square Mall library Monday through Saturday.
With reference services offered at both library locations, patrons will now have more assistance with computers, finding information, learning how to use Hayner subscription databases, and test proctoring.
The reference department provides many valuable services, including:
• Reference staff can acquire books for patrons from all over the country via our interlibrary loan service.
• Reference assistance is available in finding books for research papers.
• Assistance is available for navigating Hayner’s online resources located on the Hayner website.
• You can get computer help with your research needs, filling out an application, setting up a Microsoft Word document, and general searching
of the Internet.
• Subscription database instruction is available through the reference department. Hayner Library subscribes to research databases enabling you to find up-to-date, full-text articles on many topics for your research papers. There are also general use databases available such as Auto Repair Reference Center and Consumer Reports.
• Help is available with searching the online newspaper archives.
• Test proctoring is available by appointment.
Whether we are researching answers or assisting you in locating books to read for pleasure, the reference staff is ready to help. Reference librarians can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via email (firstname.lastname@example.org); a reference librarian will respond to your query as soon as possible. Or you may contact our reference department by phone (618-433-2864) or in person at the Hayner libraries.