Hayner Library Subscription Databases
Hayner Library offers 24/7 access to a wide range of databases for at-home use by our cardholders. These databases are also available to non-Hayner Library cardholders at all three Hayner Library locations during library normal library hours.
- Auto Repair Source Provides the most accurate, authoritative, and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. All content comes from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and includes step-by-step repair information, diagrams, maintenance schedules, parts and labor estimates, service bulletins, and recalls.
- Auto Repair Source Tutorial Video
Arts and Crafts
- Creativebug Award-winning, high-quality HD instructional videos for on-trend arts and crafts.
Books and Readers' Advisory
- NoveList Plus Premier reading recommendation database presenting fiction, nonfiction, and audiobooks. Includes expert recommendations, reviews, articles, lists, and more. Also includes a book recommendation chat feature that allows patrons to chat with a NoveList staff member.
- NoveList Plus Tutorial Video
- NoveList Plus K-8 Premier reading recommendation database for young readers, presenting fiction, nonfiction, and audiobooks. Includes expert recommendations, reviews, articles, lists, and more.
- NoveList Plus K-8 Tutorial Video
- Small Business Reference Center Offers readers a collection of state-specific resources supported with demographic data and other local information. Business videos include interviews, “lessons learned” features, lectures and how-to videos to help foster success in all aspects of managing a business.
Ebooks, Audiobooks, Digital Magazines, and Streaming Videos
- Biblio+ Unlimited streaming of ad-free movies and television shows for adults, teens, children, and families. You can also download the Biblio+ app from your mobile device’s app store. The Biblio+ app can also be used on streaming devices such as Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, Android TV, and more.
- cloudLibrary Borrow and read ebooks and audiobooks for free. You can also download the cloudLibrary app from your mobile device’s app store.
- OverDrive Borrow and read ebooks, audiobooks, and digital magazines for free. You can also download the OverDrive Libby app from your mobile device’s app store.
- Tumblebook Library for Kids Curated database of children’s ebooks.
- Britannica Library Contains comprehensive information for all ages. With its children’s, young adult, and adult interfaces, this award- winning online learning resource lets library users of all abilities access comprehensive and interactive e-learning information.
- MasterFILE Premier Provides full-text magazines, reference books, and primary source documents. Great for students writing research papers. Includes a citation tool.
- MasterFILE Reference eBook Collection Companion collection of reference ebooks for the MasterFILE Premier database.
- Primary Search Designed for elementary school, this is a full-text database providing popular children’s magazines, easy-to-read encyclopedia entries, and a vast image collection.
- Primary Search Reference eBook Collection Companion collection of reference ebooks for the Primary Search database.
- Explora Provides a safe and trustworthy environment for students and patrons to look up articles and facts for research papers, class projects, or homework. A far better alternative to websites and search engines, Explora provides students with easy-to-use features and age-appropriate content from the world’s leading magazines and reference books. Explora offers all of the following:
- High-quality articles licensed from reputable publishers;
- Simple search that quickly delivers relevant results, including primary source documents, news articles, and Associated Press videos;
- Easy-to-browse categories organized by popular topic;
- Topic Overviews that provide students with a starting point for research;
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to assist struggling readers or those learning English;
- Numeric reading-level indicators to help students and teachers find grade-appropriate articles;
- No ads or pop-up windows;
- Password-protected personal folders that allow students to save search results;
- Citation help, including the ability to export citation information to online bibliography generators such as EasyBib and NoodleTools.
- Consumer Health Complete Health-related informational content covering all key areas of health and wellness—from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary and holistic medicine.
- Consumer Health Complete eBook Collection Companion collection of ebooks for the Consumer Health Complete database.
- Consumer Health Complete Tutorial Video
Legal Information Reference Center Offers everyday users the necessary tools and detailed how-to instructions covering a wide range of legal issues. A majority of the full-text legal reference books are provided through Nolo, the nation’s oldest and most respected provider of legal information for consumers and small businesses.
With the Legal Forms by U.S. State feature, users can search state-specific legal forms by top subject areas including adoption, bankruptcy, name changes and more. Subjects include business law, financial planning, family law, property and real estate, and rights and disputes.