Free Wireless Access
You are invited to explore The Hayner Public Library District’s fast Internet network using your wireless-enabled device. Free access is provided at all Hayner Library locations during the library’s operating hours.
How To Connect
Use your computer’s built-in wireless software to connect to the Wi-Fi network labeled “Hayner Library.”
Open your web browser and wait for it to redirect you to the Hayner Library Wi-Fi login screen. Enter your library barcode and PIN in the login box located in the Internet browser after connecting to the Hayner Library Wi-Fi network. If you do not have a library barcode and PIN, please ask for a guest account number at the Circulation Desk.
- Any device that is Wi-Fi enabled.
- Your computer must have an 802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11 g-based Ethernet device installed.
- Use a web browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera.
- Set your TCP client software to obtain addresses automatically from a server (DHCP).
- Configure TCP/IP software by opening the Network Connections icon in the Control Panel. Right-click on Wireless connection and choose Properties. Under Protocol settings, select TCP/IP. Set the IP address to obtain an IP address automatically. Leave all other fields blank. Restart the device for the changes to take effect.
Limitations and Disclaimers
- The Hayner Public Library District’s wireless network is not secure. Information sent from or to your device can be captured by anyone with a wireless device and the appropriate software within three hundred feet.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance, and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Hayner Public Library District assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to our network.