Visitors will take a visual journey through time, seeing the American Civil Rights Movement and Vietnam War through Photographer Robert J. Ellison’s eyes. This exhibit is free and open to the public.
Aug. 14-31, 2023
Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday.
The Civil Rights events are:
- March on Washington D.C. for Jobs and Freedom, August 1963
- March on Washington to End the War in Vietnam, November 1965
- Selma to Montgomery March, March 1965
- Murden School Segregation Protest and School Bus Protest, Crawfordsville, Georgia, June – October 1965
- Mississippi March Against Fear, June 1966
The Vietnam War categories are:
- Preparation (skydiving practice)
- Demolitions and Mine Warfare School
- General Military Life
- Vietnam – People (citizens both in rural areas and in Saigon)
- Khe Sahn